Thursday, January 14

Hi Gene!

I take my job very seriously. Case in point: Hygiene has been the Word of the YEAR in our house. Since, like, 2009. I have two pre-pubescent kids I'm working with here. As Mother and Parent, it is part of my job description to outline personal hygienic expectations. And their father gets more uncomfortable than they do about said topic.

What's HY-GIENE Gil asks at the breakfast table this morning. As if I haven't already explained the definition twenty times since last Wednesday.

Allie shouts, I SHOWERED THIS MORNING!

Egan's voice from the living room, "Who's Gene?"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pah! I always have to find a nice way in my head to say "you smell bad right now" and then say it in a way that doesnt result in a crying tween. A tuff job, alright.

Unknown said...

Your kids' teachers appreciate you & your kind very, very much.