Thursday, October 21

Duck and cover

This morning I heard California is prepping their school age kids for an earthquake drill. They all have to DROP TO THE GROUND! at some certain time. Jesus, you guys, how scary would that be?

Immediately I was brought back to my school age days of tornado drills: Each class of obnoxious kids lined up along the walls and lockers down meandering hallways, crunched up like a ball. This was still an opportunity for prime socializing, assuming you got to sit next to a friend.

While the teachers were doing their very best to silence the mass of giggling, snorting, shouting kids, hoping to God the impending natural disaster (simulation) would pass, a fart rings out with that perfect gas-on-linoleum vibrato. And everyone bursts into uncontrollable laughter.

I swear it wasn't me.

No comments: